Keto & Low-Carb Dessert Options
Sometimes you just need a little “something” for that sweet treat craving – set yourself up for success to limit, resist, and prevent the temptation. 🙂
⭐ Ingredient Swap / Keto Substitute:
- “Sugar” ➡️ Stevia or Monkfruit Sweetener
- “Flour” ➡️ Almond or Coconut Flour
- “Chocolate Chips” ➡️ Lily’s Brand Chocolate Chips
- “Peanut Butter” ➡️ Quest PB Protein Powder
Low-Carb Baked Goods & Dessert Recipe Categories
#hackyourfood Ketogenic Dessert FAQs
The good news with a ketogenic lifestyle is that you do not need to make a ton of sacrifices — there are a ton of keto chocolate chip options available to you.
- Dark Chocolate: Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate: Lily’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- Milk Chocolate: Lily’s Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
Most importantly, become aware of the “total net carbs” when choosing a keto chocolate chip. Since you likely have daily macronutrient goals, it’s important to not just look for something marketed as “low-carb.” Calculate your “total net carbs” by looking at the “total carbohydrates” and subtract “dietary fiber” and “sugar alcohols” on the nutrition facts.
Feel free to explore some of my Keto Dessert Recipes to use your new keto chocolate chips.
Almond Flour and Coconut Flour are my personal favorite ketogenic flour options. Just know that you cannot replace certain flours 1:1 and you will need to make a conversion. Most grocery stores carry a variation of Almond and Coconut Flour.
There are quite a few sugar substitutes you can use with a ketogenic lifestyle. Personally, I prefer the Pyure brand of Erythritol over Swerve. Even better, in my opinion, is Monkfruit — my favorite is Lakanto Monkfruit for granulated, powdered, and golden (brown sugar).
There is a ton of convenience to the Swerve product family, though … I do enjoy their packaged cake mixes.
Fortunately most sugar substitutes, depending on which one you use, can be used 1:1 as you would sugar.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies [Lori Ballen, KetoDays]
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Almond Cinnamon Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chip Protein Cookies
- Cheesecake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Coconut Macaroons
Pies, Cakes, Bars
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- 90 Second Chocolate Cake
- Cream Cheese Brownies
- Peanut Butter Blondie Bars
- Coconut Chocolate “Keto Candy Bar”
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Samoa Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Chip Bars [Ambitious Kitchen]
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- Mini New York Cheesecakes
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Cheesecake Style Tiramisu
Muffins & Cupcakes
- Apple Spice Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Cinnamon Pecan Muffins
- Chocolate Fudge Flax Muffins
- Mocha Cupcake
- Pumpkin Flaxseed Muffins
- Flourless Peanut Butter Muffins
Breads & Loaves
- Banana Nut Bread
- Chocolate Loaf / “Cake-Bread”
- Pumpkin Loaf / Pumpkin Bread
- Banana Carrot Cake Bread
Fat Bombs & Small Bites
- Chopped Nut Truffle Brownie Bites
- Almond Chip Cheesecake Bites
- Pumpkin Mousse / Fluff
- Chocolate Mousse / Fluff