Between the Beams:
Top 4 Advantages of Historic Properties
Pros and Cons of Older Homes
What’s not to love?
- Preservation: a story and landscape
- Originality: unique, one-of-a-kind
- Popularity: less demand from modern families
- Financial: tax benefits, grants, specialty mortgage programs
- Maintenance: becoming a caregiver
- Investment: both time and money
- Amenities: short-term modern sacrifices
- Improvements: specialized renovations & integrity in product selections
Chester County Housing Market Insight
Data can always tell a story and it’s important for you to understand the data to notice a trend. Take a look at the table below so that you can see how Chester County’s Median Sales Price has gone from $275,000 in December 2010 with an exponential increase up to $385,000 in December 2020.
While the purchase price of properties may have increased, we have seen a significant decrease in interest rates … historically low interest rates … to maintain affordability … and profitability.
What story does the data show you? Enlarge the files below for best viewing. Keep in mind: for a full picture, it’s best to take a look at each school district and municipality. If you’re a data junkie like I am, reach out to me for details.