“Better than Grandma’s Green Bean Casserole” and it’s keto!
I think we’ve all had that Green Bean Casserole at a family gathering or we just know it as comfort food. Yes, we will achieve the same (better) flavors as Grandma’s without all of the carb-filled fried onions.
Most times you’ll see a Green Bean Casserole recipe call for canned fried onions as a topping — you could add pork rinds or just add more cheese with a few more minutes under the broiler setting.
I always like a nice crunch to my dishes, so I’ll usually broil any casserole at the end.
Adding bacon to any of my keto recipes is always encouraged. 😉
Note: you do not need to “be keto” for my recipes. Most of my recipes are low-carb, not just high-fat.
Table of Contents
- 3 cups Green Beans, fresh
- 8 oz package Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 4 oz cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Your choice of seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Boil the green beans in well-seasoned (salted) water for about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- While you boil the green beans, sauté the mushrooms and onions + garlic until caramelized. Be sure to season with salt + pepper as you cook.
- Add the chicken stock and scrape bottom of pan.
- Add the cream cheese and stir while melting.
- Add green beans into mixture and toss evenly.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese; bake for about 10 minutes and broil for a few minutes if you’d like a crunchy topping.
- Total Servings: 6
- Serving Size: 1
- Total Carbs: 6g
- Net Carbs: 3.8g
- Fat: 10.6g
- Protein: 5.9g