Comfort “spaghetti & meatballs” can be a thing on keto: instant pot meatballs.
After Zucchini Lasagna and an upcoming (stay tuned) Zucchini Ravioli, it just made sense to add even more keto italian recipes to the digital cookbook with some instant pot meatballs.
What screams “Sunday Family Dinner” more than homemade meatballs and sauce (dare I say gravy)? Upside: no need to slave over the family sauce!
Feel free to add Italian Sausage.
Not to tempt you, but you may just want to pair this with a Keto Cheesecake Style Tiramisu Sheet Cake. 🤤
Table of Contents
- 1.5 pounds Ground Beef (85/15)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Warm Water
- Your choice of seasoning
2 tablespoons Parsley
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 3 cups Tomato Sauce
(Rao’s or Muir Glen is best.)
- Combine meatball ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well by hand.
- Roll mixture into two-inch balls; about 12-15.
- Brown meatballs with olive oil in the instant pot with the sauté function, or brown in separate pan … I like to bake/roast mine.
- Layer the meatballs in the instant pot and evenly cover with tomato sauce.
- Set instant pot to “manual” setting, low pressure, and cook for 10 minutes with valve closed.
- Release valve and serve over zucchini noodles with copious amounts of parmesan cheese.
Yes, I’m sure your great grandmother will probably roll in her grave over this recipe!
Note: nutrition facts do not include tomato sauce.
- Total Servings: 5
- Serving Size: 3 Meatballs
- Total Carbs: 4.2g
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Fat: 31.3g
- Protein: 33.6g