Cheesecake, Tiramisu … I asked for your next keto dessert request & delivered!
Something about “cheesecake” and “tiramisu” just needed to be made into one keto dessert: a cheesecake style tiramisu sheet cake. Yes, it’s a thing … or at least now it is. 😉
Tiramisu while on keto isn’t the easiest thing to create, but I made a version using a chocolate sponge-like “lady finger” for the base and a cheesecake-like topping (cream cheese, sour cream, heavy whipping cream).
Don’t worry, this version of a cheesecake style tiramisu does not require mascarpone cheese and you can make substitutions.
I had plans to come up with a quick and microwaveable version of a keto tiramisu and then remembered I needed to create a 4th version of my favorite keto cheesecakes.
Table of Contents
- Cake Base Layer
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar Substitute
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Coffee or Espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- optional 1/4 cup Rum poured over cake
- “Cheesecake” Layer
- 16 oz Cream Cheese (2 blocks)
- 1/8 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Sugar Substitute
- 1/3 cup Coffee or Espresso
- Cake Base Layer
For my all-time favorite keto cheesecake, you’ll want to try this Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe. 🤤
- Prepare cake base layer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs and sugar substitute together.
- Add the butter and mix until blended well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine until the mixture is smooth and even.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and pour mixture into dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm.
(25 minutes in my oven)
- Optional step — drizzle rum over cake.
- Allow cake to cool and prepare cheesecake mixture. To speed up cooling process: place in refrigerator or freezer.
- Prepare cheesecake layer.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy whipping cream together until smooth.
- Add the sugar substitute and espresso/coffee; mix together well.
- Spoon on top of base cake layer and refrigerate for 3+ hours to set.
- Total Servings: 16 Tiramisu slices
- Serving Size: 1 Tiramisu slice
- Total Carbs: 3.7g
- Net Carbs: 2.3g
- Fat: 15.8g
- Protein: 5.1g