Add bacon and sour cream to anything, let alone a cabbage casserole — I’m all about it.
This loaded cabbage casserole was actually inspired by one of my Great Grandmother’s recipes, Scalloped Cabbage, so I put my own twist on it without actually calling it “scalloped cabbage.” Stay tuned for that next.
For 2 similar keto side dishes or keto casseroles, take a look at my Radish au Gratin and either Brussels Sprout Cauliflower Casserole or Brussels Sprout au Gratin.
Table of Contents
- 1 Large Head of Cabbage
(remove core / slice into strips)
- 1/4 Onion, chopped
- 4-6 slices Thick Cut Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
can use 3/4 cup
- 1 cup Full Fat Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoon Olive Oil
(I like to use bacon fat.)
- Your choice of spices.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of thick cut bacon and chop.
- Remove core from head of cabbage and slice into long strips.
- Heat oil in large pan and cook down onion before adding sliced cabbage, salt, pepper, and your choices of spices. I like to add chopped jalapeño.
- Once translucent, add bacon and stir well.
- Transfer into baking dish, add sour cream, and top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes — for color and texture, can broil for a few minutes at the end.
- Total Servings: 8
- Serving Size: 1
- Total Carbs: 6g
- Net Carbs: 4.3g
- Fat: 12.4g
- Protein: 7.8g