I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss the almighty potato.
For those of you who have adopted a low-carb lifestyle or started “keeping keto,” then you know the deliciously starchy potato is a huge no-go, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a quick fix for a faux-tato!
I’ve tried roasted radishes before and they just didn’t do it for me, so I decided to “load them up” with cheese and bacon – hello, anything with cheese and bacon instantly becomes delicious.
I’ll be honest – it is NOT fun slicing radishes by hand with a knife. Check out this cute little mini slicer!
Table of Contents
- 2 Bunches of Radishes, sliced thin
- 3 stalks Green Onion, chopped
- 5-8 slices Thick Cut Bacon, chopped
can never have enough bacon …
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
can use 3/4 cup
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
can use 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream, full fat
- Slice radishes and coat with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, and your choice of other seasonings.
- Roast radishes in oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Combine other ingredients in bowl while radishes are roasting.
- Add roasted radishes to bowl and combine well.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Total Servings: 6
- Serving Size: 1
- Total Carbs: 4.8g
- Net Carbs: 3.6g
- Fat: 18.4g
- Protein: 12.5g
2 thoughts on “Loaded Radish Casserole – Radish au Gratin”
I do not like radishes at all, and wanted to use the radishes from my CSA. I’ve tried roasting them, which isn’t bad, but can leave too much radish flavor and texture. This recipe was amazing, except I sautéed the sliced radishes on the stove. I didn’t need to bake them, just the heat from the stove melted the cheese and gave some crispy edges. I used bacon grease to fry them instead of butter/olive oil. Then I put a bit of sour cream. So flippin good!
YAS! So glad you liked it, thanks Theresa! Definitely going to try stovetop next time.