Yes, you read that right … “Keto Girl Scout Samoas.” It’s a thing!
I still don’t know the reason why some people call them “Caramel deLites,” but they will forever be Samoas in my world. Praise be to the keto gods for introducing low-carb ingredients to work with my ketogenic lifestyle.
Make note that this recipe calls for an 8×8 baking dish, however next time I will use a 9×13 for a thinner cookie layer. Probably more chocolate.
This recipe might not technically be cookies, but use your imagination here and trust that it’s much easier to make bars than it is to make cookies.
Table of Contents
- Base Cookie Layer
- 1 + 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar Substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- Chocolate Filling & Drizzle
- 4 ounces Sugar Free Chocolate
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- Coconut Caramel Filling
- 1 + 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Substitute
Lakanto Golden Monkfruit
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare the crust / base cookie layer.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together almond flour, sugar substitute, salt.
- Add butter to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let crust cool while preparing other layers. Tip — place it in the freezer for faster results.
- Prepare the chocolate layer.
- In small bowl, combine butter and chocolate.
- Microwave for 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave again until melted and smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of mixture over cooled cookie layer.
- Prepare the coconut caramel filling.
- Toast coconut in skillet over medium heat.
- In saucepan, melt butter with “brown sugar.”
- Bring melted butter & sugar to boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream, vanilla, and salt. Mixture will bubble and this is normal; whisk well.
- Stir in the toasted coconut.
- Spread mixture on top of chocolate covered crust.
- Let cool for an hour (can place in freezer for faster results).
- Drizzle remaining chocolate over top. Pro tip: put chocolate into piping bag if you’d like a better presentation … which I didn’t do at first.
- Total Servings: 16
- Serving Size: 1
- Total Carbs: 4.6g
- Net Carbs: 2.7g
- Fat: 19.3g
- Protein: 2.4g
If you’re looking to try a legit cookie recipe, try our Snickerdoodle!