Forget the whole pie nonsense – just make bars!
I’m all for keeping it simple … why get frustrated rolling out dough for a circular crust when you can just use a rectangular baking dish?
Nothing says the Holidays, for me at least, than a Pecan Pie; honestly I’d prefer a Chocolate Pecan, but you’ll have to stay tuned for the next rendition of another Keto Low-Carb Fall Favorite.
If you have leftover pecans, try our Cinnamon Pecan Muffins!
Table of Contents
- Shortbread Crust
- Pecan Topping
- Preheat oven to 325 and line 8×11 dish with parchment paper.
- In food processor, combine all shortbread crust ingredients and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Push crust mixture into baking dish; bake for 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- In saucepan, combine sugar substitute and butter; bring to a boil until darkened to amber.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract + powdered sugar substitute; stir.
- Add pecans to crust; pour mixture overtop.
- Bake in oven for another 15-20 minutes, until topping has darkened.
- Total Servings: 16 bars
- Serving Size: 1
- Total Carbs: 3.5g
- Net Carbs: 1g
- Fat: 24.3g
- Protein: 2.7g
If you’re looking to try a cookie recipe, try our Snickerdoodle!