“Going keto” doesn’t mean giving up Mexican – just no rice and beans!
Before I started my low-carb journey, I turned my nose up when it came to any squash. Now Zucchini is my 2nd favorite vegetable since it’s so versatile – use it in a cake, layer it for a lasagna, and now Enchiladas.
This is just the beginning. You already know my obsession with cheese – now I need to make an Italian version with Ricotta and Mozzarella! 😋
Tip: order a Mandoline Slicer & look for the least amount of sugar in your sauce.
Table of Contents
- 3 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 2-3 Zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 + 1/3 cup Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- Jalapeno, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice zucchini into thin, wide sheets using a vegetable peeler or a mandoline slicer.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook onions until soft.
- Add spices to cooked onions, stir.
- Add shredded chicken, stir.
- Add 1 cup enchilada sauce, stir until all is well combined.
- Assemble the enchiladas:
- Lay out 3-4 zucchini slices, overlapping.
- Scoop chicken mixture onto zucchini.
- Fold end over chicken mixture and roll.
- Place assembled enchiladas into sprayed baking dish.
- Pour remaining 1/3 cup enchilada sauce evenly.
- Add cheese and garnish with pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Carbs will vary based upon product selection. Choose lowest possible enchilada sauce and you can omit the onion.
- Total Servings: 3
- Serving Size: 1
- Total Carbs: 17.4g
- Net Carbs: 13g
- Fat: 21.2g
- Protein: 30.6g
One thought on “Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas”
Looks delicious! I will definitely make these, thanks for sharing 🙂