I didn’t forget about these muffins after our vote. 😊
After we had a majority vote for Banana Nut Bread, I felt it only fair to follow-up with the other option. What’s fascinating to me about this recipe is that it almost tastes like an Apple Cinnamon Bread … without any apple! I think the lemon juice gives it the tart and tricks our mind (mine at least).
Do keep in mind you can make substitutions for the Coconut Oil and can be use Butter or another oil, 1:1. No Baking Powder? You can use 1/3 of the amount of Baking Soda.
Yes, I am using Flaxseed again – I’m loving the lower amount of net carbs than using just Almond or Coconut Flour.
Table of Contents
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Sugar Substitute
Pyure Bakeable Powdered
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
I use a Silicone Muffin Pan.
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add eggs, oil, and remaining ingredients – save the chopped pecans for last. Mix together well, will appear to be thick batter.
- Spoon into lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, enjoy!
- Total Servings: 12 muffins
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Total Carbs: 5.3g
- Net Carbs: 1.6g
- Fat: 20.9g
- Protein: 5.2g
If you’re looking for a quick one-bowl favorite low net carb cookie recipe, try our Snickerdoodle!
One thought on “Cinnamon Pecan Muffins”