Confessional: 2 of these ingredients were totally foreign to me.
While it took me a little bit of time to understand what Psyllium Husk Powder and Flaxseed are, I have to say it was totally worth venturing out of the Almond Flour comfort zone – especially when other recipes tasted too much like egg.
I’ve never been big on bread before keto, but I haven’t found a great bread recipe until now – this reminds me of Whole Wheat or Rye Bread, which is what I preferred over White Bread anyway.
Table of Contents
- 2 cups Flaxseed Meal (Ground Flaxseed)
- 5 Egg Whites
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Water, boiling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together dry ingredients to combine.
- Add eggs & whisk well.
- Add oil & vinegar, whisk until mixture combined thoroughly.
- Pour boiling water into the mixture and combine – mixture will be slightly sticky.
- Wet hands, roll the dough into 6 balls, place on parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Total Servings: 12 Rolls
- Serving Size: 1
- Total Carbs: 6.2g
- Net Carbs: 0.2g
- Fat: 10.1g
- Protein: 5.9g