If you didn’t love those breaded delicious gifts from the gods, then we can’t be friends.
Seriously though, jalapeño poppers are a childhood favorite of mine. Who says I can’t reminisce while staying healthy? 30 days until Christmas …
It has been a while since I shared one of my last dinner recipes with you, such as our Zucchini Lasagna. I’m working on a backlog right now to bring you fresh inspiration. 🙂
Now, to the recipe:
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
(I used 1.75# for this recipe)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 4-5 Jalapeño Peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4-6 slices Bacon, chopped (you choose how much)
- pinch of Garlic Powder / Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soften cream cheese, if not done already.
- Place chicken breasts in oven-safe dish and season with garlic powder (or your choice of seasoning).
- Layer the chicken breasts –
- Spread cream cheese
- Add jalapeño slices
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese
- Place in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add bacon. You can sprinkle some more cheese on top if you would like.
- Place in oven for 5-7 more minutes.
- Total Servings: 3
- Serving Size: 1
- Total Carbs: 8g (4%)
- Net Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 43.3g (54%)
- Protein: 76g (42%)