You won’t even miss beans in your chili once you try this recipe.
This is one of those dishes where it just gets better and better each time you make it … and you start doubling or tripling the batch.
I’ve been talking about this recipe for a while now and it’s the perfect time to release it – the cold is upon us in the Northeast! Snuggle up and grab a bowl … LOAD ON THE CHEESE!
Now, to the recipe:
- 1 pound Ground Beef (85/15, grass-fed)
- 4 cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- Your choice of veggies –
- Green Peppers, diced (2 medium)
- Yellow Onion, diced (2/3 medium)
- 1 small package Mushrooms
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- (your choice to add others)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Brown beef over medium-high heat and season with salt/pepper.
- While beef is browning, sauté peppers/onion/mushrooms with olive oil over medium-high heat in a separate pan – season with salt/pepper and stir occasionally.
- Add spices to ground beef and mix well. It’s up to you if you want to drain the fat … I don’t.
- Add spinach to ground beef and let steam for 2-3 minutes before mixing.
- Reduce heat of other pan to low.
- Add diced tomatoes to spinach/ground beef and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for ~10 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir.
- Add peppers/onion/mushrooms to beef mixture.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
- Total Servings: 4
- Serving Size: 1
- Total Carbs: 8.1g (11%)
- Net Carbs: 5g
- Fat: 18.7g (55%)
- Protein: 26.8g (34%)