Hello, Taco Tuesday 🌮
Healthy choices does not equal no fun, at least in my world. One thing I know about myself: if I can’t make something fun, then I’m just not doing it or sticking with it. So … #tacotuesday remains!
Nachos were always a favorite of mine – I mean, come on, who doesn’t love a good chip? It just seemed like it made sense for us to make this “snack” into a low-carb version after coming up with our own Homemade Taco Seasoning.
Now, before we get started … a little disclaimer … these can and will be dangerous. Watch your portions!
Let’s get to the recipe:
- 1 and 3/4 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Egg
- pinch of Himalayan / Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Mix the shredded cheese and almond flour in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on high for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir again. Add the egg, salt, and spices. Mix.
- Place the “dough” between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll into a thin, rectangle. Remove the top piece of parchment paper.
- Slide the parchment paper with the “dough” onto a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until browned on the top.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cut into tortilla chip triangle shapes.
- Apply toppings of your choice. (nutrition below does not include toppings)
- Total Servings: 3
- Serving Size: 1
- Total Carbs: 21.7g (14%)
- Net Carbs: 15.7g
- Fat: 44g (65%)
- Protein: 31.3g (21%)
🍂 New Seasonal Food Hacks:
Low-Carb Fall Favorites