Move over, Pumpkin 💁♂️
By this point in the season, it’s about time we’ve moved on from pumpkin and give apple a chance … blueberry will just need to wait.
After having so many pumpkin treats like our Pumpkin Chip Cookies and Pumpkin Fat Bomb Fluff / Mousse Cups, it almost seemed unfair to not honor Apple in our Fall Favorites.
I know, I know … apple (and most fruit, really) is NOT something you normally think of when you think KETO or low-carb because of the high amount of natural sugars, but everything in moderation … balance! Just be mindful with your servings or maybe you carb-cycle every now and then.
Let’s get to the recipe:
- 2 and 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar Substitute (Erythritol / Stevia)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan / Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Grass-Fed Butter or Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk(I used unsweetened vanilla.)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Small Apple (your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350º and prepare muffin pan with papers or spray with oil. Easiest clean-up with a silicone pan such as this one.
- Combine the almond flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until well blended. Whisk in the butter or coconut oil. Mixture will appear mealy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Stir in diced / peeled / seeded apple.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling each until 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Total Servings: 16 Muffins
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Total Carbs: 5.9g (13%)
- Net Carbs: 3.3g
- Fat: 14.6g (73%)
- Protein: 6g (14%)
🍂 New Seasonal Food Hacks:
Low-Carb Fall Favorites