Eliminate those “hidden carbs” …
Did you ever take the time to read the nutrition facts, serving size, and ingredients listed on the back of a taco seasoning packet? Yeah, I didn’t either until I started becoming more conscious of what I’m consuming.
Just because you are making healthier choices that does not mean Taco Tuesday is out of the question! We just need to get a little bit more mindful and creative … with some super simple hacks that might actually help your wallet, too.
How much do you pay for an organic taco seasoning packet? I know I was paying an arm and a leg – now I can make my own with the spices I have … and can control/eliminate any of the “fillers” … plus stock your pantry with some spices to begin experimenting with your own rubs and blends.
Lettuce Tacos, Taco Salads, Taco Bowls … you choose!
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Optional –
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum (thickening)
How to use?
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef and drain.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and 2 Tablespoons of seasoning.
- Bring to boil then lower to simmer like normal.