“Hello Fall, where have you been?”
You might be reconsidering your Summer love once you get a taste of these. Have a few and don’t feel guilty – just watch your macros!
After searching high and low for a KETO recipe, I compared a few versions and came up with one that fits into my daily limit of carbs … while still having a treat (or two) throughout the day.
I was really surprised to see the recipe call for almond butter and then I remembered the muse was a dairy-free recipe. So – low-carb, KETO-friendly, gluten-free, AND dairy-free … I’ll take it! Throw in some organic and I’m a happy camper.
Now, to the recipe:
- 1/3 cup Smooth Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Erythritol or Other Sugar Substitute
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda (or 3 teaspoons Baking Powder)
- pinch Fine Grain Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mix using 2 separate bowls –
- In one large bowl, whisk together the egg, almond butter, pumpkin puree, sugar substitute, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, sea salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda (or baking powder).
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until fully absorbed – add half, mix, add the other half. Dough will be very sticky. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in freezer for 10-15 minutes to help with stickiness. Start preheating oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 20-24 balls and place evenly on baking sheet with parchment paper or, ideally, a silicone mat. Flatten each ball into about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cookies may not appear to be cooked like a “traditional” cookie – they will harden upon cooling.
- Remove cookies from sheet and place on wire rack to cool and enjoy!
- Total Servings: 20 Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Total Carbs: 11.3g (23%)
- Net Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 13.1g (60%)
- Protein: 8.1g (17%)
* Be mindful that if you are staying under 25 or 30 net carbs per day, one cookie is +/- 25% of your daily goal.
🍂 New Seasonal Food Hacks:
Low-Carb Fall Favorites